My lips ARE sealed.
You seriously can confess everything.
About YOUR secret clutter stashes.
… just how many almost-identical shades of red lipstick you have!!!
AND how old your oldest one is?
More than a decade, anyone?
Before the millennium?
We’re none of us alone in this.
But it’s NOT nice is it?
A seriously great lipstick, seriously can make us feel a whole heap better.
On a bad day.
There IS a lot to be said about getting our war paint on to face the world.
BUT whole drawer fulls of barely worn lipsticks that are SO old they’re a health hazard.
Are NOT going to help any of us get on top of our shit.
So today, let’s keep the lipsticks we love.
The lipsticks we wear.
The lipsticks that make us feel good.
And LET GO of the rest …
Just 10 Things – Lips
Now it’s YOUR choice today.
You can stick to the usual just 10 things rules:
- Take 5 minutes or so, 15 minutes max
- Focus on all our lipsticks and the like
- Open our eyes to the long forgotten and grotty!!
- And without yanking stuff out
- Spot any we’re ready to let go
Keeping our eyes peeled for …
- Lip balms
- Lip gloss
OR if you’re feeling strong.
And like you’re really starting to get on top of your clutter.
You can power things up.
And DO this instead:
- Take 5 minutes max
- Grab the lipsticks, glosses, balms etc you ACTUALLY wear
- (If you didn’t wear it in the last month you don’t wear it!!)
- THEN chuck all the rest in the bin without looking at them.
- Just like that, you have the good stuff. The rest is gone.
- But …. eeeek!!!
- It’s hard isn’t it?
- If you’re not quite there, don’t worry.
- Take a few more minutes and pick out just a few more “could be goods”.
- Put them together in an in your face “use it or lose it” space.
- And give yourself a week. A fortnight max.
- If by then you have STILL not used it.
- AND loved it, it goes.
- Simple as that.