Post includes affliate links, read here how these work.
The dark nights are drawing in.
The wind’s howling up a storm.
And all we want do is hunker down in our home all snuggled up, cosy and warm.
Deliciously, Danishly hygge.
Safe from the troubles beyond our door.
Or at least it would be if it weren’t for that tiny worry worm inside our heads.
Reminding us relentlessly of winter bills. Yikes!
And Christmas debt. Scary!
And conjuring up images of a seriously, spartan lifestyle in the New Year. Not at all cosy.
And far from hygge. BUT hang on a sec.
Don’t let go the hygge inspiration quite yet.
BECAUSE the wonderful thing about a true Danish hygge lifestyle is it IS fantastically frugal.
And CAN actually save us money.
Whilst keeping us winter warm.
And feeling cosy, comfortable inside.
So if – like so many of us – you:
- are worried about debt this winter
- and blowing your monthly budget on Christmas on day one!!!
Then embrace these lovely hygge inspired ideas and tips for cosy, calm living.
That truly will help you live more frugally AND save money all winter long.
PLUS if you read on there’s an extra tip that will snowball your frugal hygge savings and save you even more long term.
10 Lovely Frugal Hyggye Lifestyle Tips
So hygge is all about comfort and warmth. But it is NOT about whacking up the heating.
And racking up the utility bills.
Instead use these simple hygge ideas to stay warm and cosy …
- First off put on a vest – yep, granny knew best, simple layers keep us warm.
- Especially when combined with a big thick, roll neck Danish style sweater.
- And channeling your granny again slip on your fluffiest slippers.
- … or thick woolly socks because recent science shows feet are even more important than our head for keeping us warm.
- Then you’re all ready to turn the lights down in the living room light some candles …
- … wrap up in a favourite blanket …
- … and with the TV & devices off read aloud a magical story, a Christmas story … or even a Christmas ghost story.
- Or head to the bedroom, snuggle into your warmest pyjamas and read more together.
- Just don’t forget some bed socks.
- And a good old fashioned hot water bottle.
Sounds lovely right? But money saving? Truly?
Well yes BECAUSE all that hygge inspired cosy, layering up lets us turn the heating down.
And we can save £2-300 on our heating bills just by sticking to hygge keep warm habits.
Which is a great frugal start for beginners.
BUT we can save loads more if we use those frugal earnings to snowball energy bills.
Frugal Tips For Snowballing Bills For Beginners
But the basic trick – just like in the Dave Ramsey method – is to use tiny frugal savings to get your snowball started and then use the momentum to save more and more money.
And it all starts with a few hygge inspired ideas to snuggle down for the winter and get cosy …
And for more simple ways to save money check out these posts:
- 4 Simple Rules Of Frugal Living
- 8 Simple Frugal Tips That Are Weird But Work
- 50 Extremely Frugal Food Tips
- 7 Steps To Save Money Fast
- 50 Easy Ways To Save Money