(This post includes affliate links, read here how they work.)
We love the swimming pool.
We hate the verrucas!
They hurt like billio.
AND they keep coming back!
BUT at last we’ve found two brilliant ways to get rid of verrucas naturally.
That actually keeps them away.
… the BIG problems with most verruca treatments are they:
- spread the fungus causing the verruca
- damage the surrounding skin making it more vulnerable to reinfection
OR they are totally impractical!
Crazy as it sounds, banana skins do actually seem, to get rid of verrucas naturally!!
BUT the whole family really can’t hop round with banana skins tied to their feet for a week.
It’s just not happening is it?!!
Luckily, there’s an alternative …
BECAUSE nature’s store cupboard has two other amazing verruca zapping supplies …
Both have been brilliant for us at quickly getting ridding of verrucas.
And making sure they don’t come back.
So here’s why each of them work. And how to use them on your family’s verrucas …
1. Treating Verrucas With Tea Tree Oil
We’ve known about tea tree oil’s healing powers for centuries.
AND it’s killer punch is that tea tree oil is both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
So it can get rid of the horrid black heart of the verruca.
BUT … unlike the Salicylic Acid in many verruca treatments – it doesn’t burn the skin.
To treat your family’s verrucas with tea tree oil:
- Dilute 3 or 4 drops of tea tree oil slightly in some aloe vera gel
- Apply a small amount to one verruca on a cotton wool ball
- Tape the cotton wool in place with sticking plaster tape
- Leave on over night
- Remove in the morning and rinse foot
- Some people may be sensitive to tea tree oil so use only small amounts, diluted on one verruca initially and then build up.
We then used the thuja oil treatment below during the day.
2. Treating Verrucas With Thuja Oil
Thuja oil also has anti-fungal powers.
And we got the best results using tea tree oil at night and a thuja oil treatment in the day.
NOW thuja oil can be very powerful AND as with all essential oils do a small skin test first and pregnant women should take medical advice before using.
So we opted for a thuja cream in which the oil is already diluted.
The creams are generally used for molluscum skin tags but ALSO work on verrucas.
We just applied the cream to the verrucas every morning and covered with a plaster.
Once we started using tea tree oil at night and thuja cream in the day we got rid of the verrucas in two weeks. AND they didn’t come back!
BUT along the way we did discover 3 big NO NOs … and 1 MUST DO …
3. Stop Verrucas Coming Back
OK. So these are the 3 things NOT to do to keep the verrucas from coming back …
- Use an acid treatment – these damage good skin but aren’t anti fungal so do NOT kill the verruca!
- File or gouge them – this spreads infection and weakens skin making it prone to reinfection
- Apply duct tape – this pulls the scabbing off – lovely, heh???!!! – before the verruca is dead, so it comes back. Treated with tea tree and thuja oil the heads fall off on their own when ready
AND finally the 1 MUST DO to keep the verrucas away is KEEP TREATING after it’s gone.
They are cunning things verrucas. And there may still be something lurking when it looks healed.
We kept applying oil and cream until 10 days after they looked gone.
AND then they didn’t come back!
So there you go.
Everything you need to know to get rid of verrucas naturally AND stop them coming back!
I do hope it helps. Let me know how you get on.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and this post is not medical advice. If you or your family have persistent infection, you should contact a medical professional.