This post includes affliate links, read here how these work.
OK. We’re going to start with a little quiz?
How many of these can you answer YES to …
- No one in your family ever puts anything away. No one can ever find anything.
- You scream at your family because no one EVER puts stuff away and they expect YOU to find it!
- You scream at the vacuum cleaner – and kick it! – cos it’s so hard to keep the house even basically clean because of all the stuff. Your family hide when you get the vacuum cleaner out.
- In a mad rage you regularly threaten to chuck ALL your kids / partner’s stuff out – and in that moment you are so MAD you mean it!
- You stopped inviting friends round because you feel ashamed of your home.
- You feel utterly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff in your house. And at times have been so depressed by it, it makes you cry.
- You have lost valuable stuff – or at least have this constant nagging suspicion you have.
- You have moths in your closet and they’ve munched your favourite clothes. And other stuff you care about keeps getting damaged.
- You have not used or enjoyed in any way most of what you own in the last year.
- You have Christmas and birthday gifts from years back still in their packaging, and you have started to dread family birthdays and Christmas.
… so how did you do?
If like me you got 10 out of 10. You really NEED to declutter!
IN FACT if you said YES to anything between 2 and 6, you NEED to declutter.
BUT you know that don’t you?
You don’t need me to tell you, that you do NOT want to live like this.
What I am here to tell you, is you are NOT alone.
AND you can do it. You can declutter successfully. However daunting that seems right now.
AND you will feel better. So much better. If you do.
And how do I know this? Because I did it.
Last year I felt I was literally drowning in clutter. It was dragging me down. Right down.
Making me thoroughly miserable.
I really could answer a big fat YES to ALL those 10 questions.
The clutter was making me yell. And even making me cry.
But 18 months ago I discovered a simple declutter plan – no NOT Marie Kondo! – that works.
Now, you need to know, I have NOT been miraculously transformed Marie Kondo style into little miss tidy tidy with a squeaky clean minimalist house. I do not pristinely fold my t-shirts or worry AT ALL about my socks having enough wriggle room.
BUT I have let go of over ONE HUNDRED bags of stuff I am much happier without.
Toys, clothes, books, electronics, furniture the lot. I have learned to let them go.
AND in our busy, busy world that is always screaming at us to buy, buy, buy I learned to stop new stuff coming in and create the space to enjoy what I have.
Sounds good? Want to get started? Right now? Fantastic.
The first thing to do is read this Simple 3 Step Declutter Plan : Learn To Let Go.
It will only take a few minutes.
And it explains about:
- Why we all have clutter
- Why we cling onto it
- And 3 simple steps to learn let go and declutter successfully
Give it a go. AND totally come back and tell me how you got on.
And if this was helpful, don’t forgot to save it and share it.
For more support sign up for my FREE Happier Without emails. Every week I share the practical tips that help me declutter.