Cool clutter free gifts are gold dust at both Christmas and birthdays.
They share our love without burying us in yet more overwhelming clutter.
And without offending family and friends who are either:
- Struggling to declutter
- Or have gone hard core minimalist.
But what are great clutter free gifts?
Well I have for you here, a huge guide to the very best clutter free gifts for everyone on your gift list.
First up, the best clutter free gifts for different interests and then the best gifts for each age group :
It is a big list so do bookmark or save for quick reference all year round.
(This post includes affliate links, read here how these work).
The Best Clutter Free Gifts
There are all sorts of cool ways to give great clutter free gifts including :
- Amazing experience gifts
- Uber cool new virtual gifts
- The latest seriously smart, space saving digital media gifts
- PLUS life long learning gifts that keep giving year after year.
The Best Experience Gifts
Good experience gifts allow us to truly indulge the personal passions of everyone on our gift list.
Click the mini guides below for the best experience gifts for these popular passions:
- Daredevils & thrill seekers
- Travellers & explorers
- Wildlife lovers
- Culture vultures
- Super sports fans
- History & science geeks
- Keen gardeners
The Best Virtual Gifts
The best virtual gifts got even better recently due to cool tech PLUS cool ideas for virtual experiences invented in lockdowns.
They are no longer just for kids.
And now make cool no clutter gifts for grandparents who can enjoy amazing experiences around the world even if no longer mobile.
Check out this guide to the best virtual gifts for everyone on your gift list whatever their passion.
Clutter Free Gifts For Kids
Kids obviously love stuff.
And they love unwrapping stuff at Christmas and birthdays.
So major clutter free gifts for kids need fun gift wrap PLUS wow factor.
Think super cool experiences they’ve been longing to do e.g.:
- Big theatre show tickets
- Favourite sports team tickets
- Meeting their favourite sports star
- Fabulous mini breaks
- Crazy outdoor challenges
- Sleepovers in zoos, dinosaur museums, spooky castles
- Big thrill rides e.g. London Eye
- Theme park tickets & membership
- Being a zoo keeper, farm hand, bird handler, sheep dog trainer etc
Some of these can obviously be pricey but I have here 50 no clutter presents for kids sorted by price with lots coming in under £30/$30.
For older kids I have more clutter free gifts below for tweens and for teenagers.
Clutter Free Gifts For Older Kids & Tweens
Older kids and tweens will love most of these 50 no clutter presents for kids but will also enjoy …
- Harry Potter VR Experience Harry Potter VR Experience (NYC)
- Harry Potter Studio Tour (London)
- Harry Potter World
- Harry Potter Play
- High trees zip trekking
- Go karting – karting tracks (UK)
- Escape room tickets
- Chocolate making with local makers (UK, USA)
- Craftsy courses for kids
- Online guitar lessons with Fender one of the world’s greatest guitar makers
- Zoo membership
- Llama trekking Smokey Mountains, Wildland Trekking (USA) Catanger Llamas, Merry Harriers, Nidderdale Llamas (UK)
- Paint balling
- Stocking stuffer vouchers for local :
- Pizza palace
- Ice cream parlour
- iTunes / Google Play vouchers
- Magic or circus skills classes
- Introductory lessons for :
- Horse riding
- Rock climbing
- Ice skating
- Dry slope skiing
- Online classes for :
- Drama or dance school
Clutter Free Gifts For Teenagers
Many of the no clutter presents for kids are still great for teens but you can ramp up the fear factor in experience gifts. They will also appreciate top quality digital gifts.
- Sky dive simulator iFly (USA & UK)
- Zombie survival experiences : Zombie Experiences, Zombie Infection, The Last Survivors (UK), Mortal Monsters, Apocalypse Global (USA)
- Immersive laser tag
- Festival tickets
- Concert tickets
- Next level adventures courses e.g.:
- White water rafting
- Ice climbing
- Scuba diving
- Online art & design courses : Sparketh, Domestika, Skillshare, Monthly, Photo Academy
- Music Master Class with amazing world class musicians from Yoyo Ma to Alicia Keys
- Archeology dig vouchers from e.g. Dig Ventures
- Weekend away with friends
- Make up or hair styling course
- Life long learning courses Wondrium
- Spotify subscription
- Stocking stuffer vouchers for local :
- Ice rink
Clutter Free Gifts For Young Adults
Many of the latest and coolest virtual and digital gifts are perfect for young adults. Cool travel vouchers are also a great way to let them create their own unforgettable experiences …
- Other world VR experiences : Other World, Meet Space, VR World.
- City scavenger hunts : Let’s Roam (USA) Hidden City, Great Game, Agent November, Locked City (All UK)
- Ghost hunting events : Dark Encounters, Haunted Happenings (UK Bump In The Night, Ghost Hunt USA, Nightly Spirits (USA)
- Train ticket vouchers e.g. Eurostar & Amtrak
- Sleeper tickets e.g. Nightjet
- AirBnB vouchers
- Latest cool sports for thrill seekers:
- Tickets for comedy show
- Live comedy streaming from Next Up Comedy
- Private gallery view from Museum Hack, Art Smart
- Hi-res audio music subscription from Tidal, Qobuz
- Art house movie subscriptions from Criterion Channel, BFI player
- Horror movie subscriptions from Shudder
Clutter Free Gifts For Grandparents
Experience gifts make great clutter free presents for grandparents as many retirees have time on their hands to enjoy days out. And great virtual and digital presents give grandparents access to amazing experiences worldwide even if they can no longer travel …
- Private virtual sightseeing tours with Viator all over the world
- Murder mystery events Murder57, Murder Mystery Events, Joe Swift, The Killing Game (UK), The Dinner Detective, Murder Mystery (USA)
- Train driver for a day with a heritage railway (UK, USA)
- Online genealogy subscriptions e.g. Find My Past
- Vineyard tours
- Gin making at local distillery
- Garden show tickets
- Garden tour membership from RHS (UK) or AHS (USA)
- Vintage plane ride
- Online whisky master academy
- Water colour painting weekend
- Wildlife days e.g. :
- Whale watching
- Sheep dog training
- Heritage membership passes e.g. America The Beautiful National Parks, English Heritage, RHS Gardens
- Classic 70s, 80s & 90s TV subscription e.g. Britbox
- Online magazine subscription e.g. National Geographic
- Opera festival
Clutter Free Gifts For Dad
If you can’t stand more man cave clutter these classic clutter free gifts for dads are brilliant alternatives …
- Sports stadium tour
- Space Walk VR experience : Infinite Experience (USA), Mission To The Moon (UK)
- Sports coaching with sports stars from professional golfers to grand slam winning tennis players The Skills, Masterclass
- Shark cage dive at aquarium or Bear Grylls
- Bushcraft & survival experiences
- Beer making & brewery tour
- Personal video from favourite sports star
- Classic car hire with an experience gift company or Classic Car Hire (UK) Turo, Vinty (USA).
- Classic extreme sports days from experience companies e.g. :
- Tank driving
- Stock car racing
- Rally driving
- Bungee jump
- Season ticket share
- Online brewing course
- Documentary TV subscription Magellan, Curiosity Stream
Clutter Free Gifts For Mom
As a mother I would enjoy just about all the presents in this guide but would also love some of these clutter free gifts for some very special me time …
- Live Broadway & West End show streaming BroadwayHD, Digital Theatre, Marquee TV
- Backstage theatre tours (UK, USA)
- VIP backstage concert experience VIP Nation, Gigs & Tours.
- Live Chef led cookery class The Chef & The Dish, Yes Chef
- Wine tasting
- Cocktail making classes at a smart bar
- Vineyard glamping
- Afternoon tea at a fancy hotel
- Personal trainer
- Online craft courses for everything from sewing to flower arranging Craftsy, Annies Creative Studio, Creative Bug, If I Made
- Relaxing adventures :
- Pony trekking
- Paddle boarding downriver
- Boat trip
- Spa days & weekends
- Baby sitting vouchers
- Manicure & pedicure
- Theatre vouchers
- Tickets for the ballet
- One one one coaching for :
- Hairdressing vouchers
And there you go, over 200 brilliant clutter free gifts for absolutely everyone on your gift list. Don’t forget to bookmark or save it for later.
For even more ideas check out these gift guides …
- 100 Best Experience Gifts
- 50 Best Virtual Gifts
- 50 No Clutter Gifts For Kids
- 101 DIY Christmas Gifts
- 25 Handmade Presents
- 30 Mason Jar Gifts
- 35 DIY Garden Gifts
And do follow my Christmas board on Pinterest …
I think your ideas are fab, I really do, because I too, live in a house of clutter, I have two boys 15 (today) and my other son is 19. So I have years of artwork /school papers/projects, photos , lots of photos, duplicates from back in the day from when we use to get our film developed! I have saved all these years because I really am going to make that photo collage, as well as their indivual baby books and yet to be done scrap books, as well as I bought ALL the supplies to make the most remarkable books anyone has ever seen! yeah, right, in my” spare time”… but, anyway, I really need to “purge” This IS the winter when I actually plan on making these books!!! ( we’ll see) but back to clutter, I have SO MANY really beautiful trinkets, nic nacs, that I have received over the years, I couldn’t bear to get rid of… I couldn’t display them all unless my husband builds bookcases and shelving, lots of shelving!!! So again back to your topic, i love the idea of giving AND receiving any number of the activities you suggested! I’m going to put out these ideas to our families and friends and see what happens, plus I love the idea of my loved ones enjoying something that otherwise they wouldn’t dream of getting/doing for themselves…I’m going to stress that We would love something like this too!!! This way at least I can at least slow down the stuff coming into our little house! Thanks So Much for your ideas!
Kindly, Laura from Cape Cod, MA
Hi Laura – lovely to hear from you, I really really hope the suggestions help!! We were so drowning in books, toys, china and nic nacs – loads of them really lovely – but together just overwhelming. Focusing on clutter free gifts has really helped us loads. And helped me focus on what would really make me happy – I’ve asked everyone for theatre vouchers so I can take myself on a mummy-treat to the ballet which I’ve not been to since my 7 year old was born!! Do let me know how you get on Alice x
Once for my teenager i decorated her bedroom for christmas she got a new room and i didnt have to figure out what she wanted i have also done a years membership for the gym xc