Post includes affliate links, read here how these work.
That’s biscuits isn’t it?
ALL that yummy stuff we grab at when we’re down.
It certainly gives a quick comforting boost.
BUT is always followed – isnt’ it? – by an even bigger grump.
And over time it can feel harder and harder to shift those baseline blues.
Now, obviously part of that is, life just IS hard.
AND we’re all juggling too much.
But it turns out most of us are missing out BIG TIME on truly feel good food.
Because there really are some foods that help us feel happier AND keep us feeling happier!
PLUS – double whammy! – they’re packed with essential stuff, super good for our general health.
And having started the year in a pretty dark place, I truly can vouch for the difference!
Eating differently can’t make bad stuff go away. But it can help us cope.
And reduce that background – no obvious reason – greyness that grinds us down.
So – the big question – what are these wonder foods?
Well, there’s a whole bunch of them.
A load of which I am gonna to ignore! AND you should too!
BECAUSE they come under the category of “you what?” or “a complete faff!” or “yukkkyyy!“.
And as I’ve shared before here, the minute healthy diets get complicated or worthy, they fail us!
WHAT we all need is grab and go snacks and chuck it together 10 minute meals.
THAT we actually enjoy!
AND that also make us feel happier all day long! Week in. Week out.
So here you go, my 20 fave happy foods THAT almost everyone thinks are yummy!
AND have truly have helped me feel a whole lot better.
Whatever the world is chucking at me …
(And there’s not a green veg or lentil in sight – although these are good too!)
20 Happy Foods
- Oranges – full of feel good folic acid
- Apples – an apple a day really does keep you smiling
- Peas – these little green wonders actually help balance hormones
- Avocados – just cut and scoop or mush up & bung on multi-grain toast
- Mushrooms – again on toast or blend for 2 mins with nuts for a yummy soup
- Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries – all the berries are feel happy food
- Bananas – potassium rich, happy food, they’re the perfect base for smoothies
- Salmon – shove a piece under the grill for 10 minutes
- Sardines – from a can plonked on toast or tossed in pasta
- Tuna – on a jacket potato
- Plain yoghurt – buy sugar-free & chuck fave fruit in
- Apricots – both fresh AND dried are a fab happy food
- Peanuts – minus the salt
- Almonds – if you’re not so into nuts, blend in a smoothie OR soup
- Brazil nuts – enjoy a small handful with one chunk of chocolate
- Walnuts – throw a few on your breakfast cereal & yummy with pears
- Sunflower & pumpkin seeds – not everyone’s fave but sprinkle on cereal or blend in smoothies
- Wholegrain bread – bad bread is bad for you BUT good bread is great!
- Porridge oats – if you’re not a porridge fan just add to smoothies
- Turmeric – if you love hot food add the smiley spice to your meals
So there you go – a big load of yummy, happy food to enjoy.
You don’t have to like all of them but eating a good few everyday really can help.
It did me.
Give it a go. And let me know if it helps.
And for more simple healthy living tips read these:
- The Easiest Ever Detox Diet
- Declutter Just 10 Things Daily
- 30 Little Snacks For The Soul
- 6 Surprising Tips For Better Sleep
[…] BECAUSE these simply healthy habits are based on food that makes us feel stronger AND happier! […]
[…] Eat berries […]
[…] « Declutter QuestionsHappy Moodboosting Food To Ease Anxiety » […]
[…] and seeds are jam packed with minerals like selenium that boost our mood and protect us from […]
[…] get into the habit of reaching for these 20 low sugar mood boosting snacks […]