This post includes affliate links, read here how these work.
You wouldn’t think such a small room could be so full of clutter, would you?
And our bathroom – I’m telling you – is tiny.
Forget a cat, you can’t swing a mouse in it.
BUT it was still a magnet for clutter.
All the classics.
Expensive mistakes I felt guilty about chucking out.
Possibly helpful stuff, that in another life I might actually have time to use.
Things long since expired lost at the bottom of the cupboard.
Quadriplicates – is that a word? – of items, I’m not sure I even needed one of.
Not to mention the monsters – eek! – moulding in the bath toy bucket.
Does that sound familiar? Yep?
It’s not nice is it?
BUT the good news is, you can declutter your bathroom super fast.
With a 15 minute power purge.
The 15 Minute Power Purge
Now, if you get my decluttering support mails, you’ll know I’m sceptical about big purges.
I’ve decluttered most with the just 10 things method.
PLUS small regular 30 minute projects.
BUT you know what?
Sometimes, we all NEED fast and furious.
When the clutter is overwhelming AND we have NO time to do anything about it, we need to be able to hit one room, quickly get rid of stuff and get out again.
And that’s where the power purge comes in.
It’s a fab way to quickly declutter your bathroom.
It’s NOT about yanking everything out Marie Kondo style.
OR carefully going through each item to consider if it brings us joy!!!
It’s simply about setting a timer for 15 minutes … THEN opening our eyes.
AND noticing all the clutter hiding in plain sight.
That can instantly go in the bin, the recycling or your charity bag.
NO debate. NO angst. NO regrets.
Sounds good, heh?
Well to help you out, I’ve a list below of all the stuff I decluttered from my bathroom.
REMEMBER you don’t have to get rid of everything – just what you are READY to let go.
If you just started decluttering it might be 5 or 10 things. And that’s great.
Every time you let go of even one thing you get better at it.
And in a few months, you might do another power purge and get rid of 50.
The secret is just to keep practising.
SO what are you waiting for? Here’s your list. Set your timer. AND go!
Declutter Your Bathroom Prompt List
In just 15 minutes you really can declutter a whole load of this …
- Toiletries open for more than 18 months
- Unopened fancy perfumes & lotions you know you will never use. If you can’t bring yourself to chuck, offer for free on your local Facebook Buy & Sell group
- Random product samples
- Bottles with a tiny bit in you’ve been meaning to use up for a year
- Cleaning materials unused in the last year
- Mouldy, broken or unloved bath toys – we had LOTS of these!
- Raggedy, stained bath towels – two each good ones is enough surely?
- Grotty bath mats you never use
- Expired first aid items
- Expired medicines – take them to your pharmacy to dispose of them
- Duplicate hair brushes, combs, nail scissors, tweezers, nail brushes etc
- Dried up make up – nail varnish, mascara etc
- Skanky sponges, loofahs, wash cloths you’ve had since the start of time
- Old toothbrushes and multiple electric toothbrush chargers
- That pile of gungy wash bags
Quickly letting go of even a few of these will help you reclaim your bathroom as a sanctuary.
Rather than the jumble sale, our’s had definitely become.
As always, I hope this helps you declutter and feel less overwhelmed.
I really do know how bad a home full of too much stuff can feel.
For more super simple declutter advice do sign up for my newsletter.
Every week I share the honest tips that help me let go of stuff I am happier without …
For more declutter tips, right here, right now check out all my Happier Without posts.
There’s everything from:
- A big list of clutter free gifts kids love
- AND the 3 BIG questions to ask when you declutter
- TO simple rules to enjoy living with less
OR if you love Facebook, follow my new Happier Without page for daily motivation and support.
AND for even more tips follow my Declutter board on Pinterest …