There are lots of beautiful old fashioned English baby names for girls but they have been so popular recently it’s hard to find an old fashioned name that’s truly unique.
However, luckily there are some unbelievably lovely old fashioned English girl’s names that really are rare and ripe for rediscovery.
So if you want a gorgeous old fashioned English name for your baby that genuinely is a bit different do check out this list.
There are forgotten gems the Victorians loved but also long lost beauties from Medieval times.
I hope you find something you love. Do let me know your favourites.
Old Fashioned English Girl’s Names
Old English Names – A
- Alyse – an old spelling of Alice
- Aelswith – a very old fashioned version of Elizabeth
- Alyssum – as in the flower sweet Alyssum
Old English Names – B To D
- Bliss – old English for grace & happiness
Old English Names – E
Old English was awash with pretty girls name beginning with an E including :
Or if you love the name Elizabeth but would like a more unusual twist there’s:
Old English Names – F to H
- Fearn – old English for Fern
- Hasel – old English for Hazel
- Hilda – one of Englands’ first saints
Old English Names – L
Old English Names – M to N
Old English Names – O
Old English Names – R To S
- Rinella – a stream or brook
- Sterrra – old English for star
Old English Names – T To W
I do hope you found some names you love for your baby in this list. For more beautiful baby name ideas and simple pregnancy tips do check out these posts:
- Vintage Baby Names For Girls
- Nature Inspired Baby Names
- Boho Baby Names
- Healthy Pregnancy Snacks
- Pregnancy Nausea Remedies
- Breastfeeding Basics