If you’re looking for a unique boho baby name with a real free spirit vibe that will work for both boys and girls you will love this list.
These boho baby names are inspired by the outdoor elements of fair winds and rushing water and mountain tops with a few place names thrown in to capture the spirit of travel and adventure.
And as they make use of unusual words from old Gaelic and Scandinavian languages as well as English, these names will still stand out as something unique compared with many once unusual boho names that are now super popular.
As they are so unusual, these boho baby names will work equally well for both boys and girls. I do hope you find baby names in this list that really capture your imagination. I’d love to hear what you choose.
Unique Boho Baby Names
- Uisce (Ish-ka) – old Irish for water
- Afon – Welsh for river
- Esk – old Celtic for river
- Aisling / Ashling – old Irish for vision or dream
- Mistral – a wind from the south
- Awel – Celtic for breeze
- Derwen – Celtic for Oak tree
- Foinse (Fwinsha) – a spring or source of a river
- Ketil – a stunning mountain in Greenland
- Bala – the meeting of a river and a lake
- Teg – Welsh for fair
- Eira – Celtic for snow
- Eos – Celtic for nightingale
- Mor – Scotts Gaelic for mountain
- Nant – Celtic for stream or brook
- Aniar – old Gaelic for a westerly breeze
- Kaver – the name of a gentle, warm wind in the western isles
- Sann – old Swedish for true
For more beautiful baby name ideas and simple pregnancy tips do check out these posts:
- Vintage Baby Names For Girls
- Nature Inspired Baby Names
- Old Fashioned Girls Names
- Healthy Pregnancy Snacks
- Pregnancy Nausea Remedies
- Breastfeeding Basics