So many of us need easy ways to save money right now don’t we?
Whether we’ve lost a job or income or are struggling with debt or the costs of a new baby or are just worried about what the next year will bring and want to put as much in an emergency fund as we can, we know we need to save money fast but it can feel so hard to actually do it, right?
We’re crazy tired and stressed and with money leaking out in a hundred different ways we can feel so overwhelmed we end up doing nothing, burying our head in the sand and feeling worse and worse about ourselves
Now most financial advisors will, at this point, tell us firmly to sit down and write a budget covering all our costs and stick to it.
But for many of us this doesn’t help.
Trying to budget overwhelms us more.
What we really need to do first is find super easy ways to save money and to do them today. And tomorrow. And the next day.
And some of the easiest ways to save money are to cancel and downgrade loads and loads of the services we’ve signed up to over the years that we don’t use or don’t need or just can’t afford.
I’ve got a big list of them here you can start taking action on right now without having to wade through your bank or credit card statements because trawling through them is guaranteed to get lots of us into an even bigger do-nothing-panic-cycle!!!
So if you need easy ways to save money, start working through this list. Not all of them will be relevant to you. It doesn’t matter, find one that is, focus on it and do it: get it cancelled or downgrade it, stop the leak.
Then focus on another one and stop that leak.
If we tackle one of these easy ways to save money quickly every day, we can in one month stop most of our stupid leaks. We’ll then have much simpler finances plus more head space and confidence to:
- Write & stick to a budget
- And think about some of the big changes we may need to make to enjoy a sustainable life without the burden of debt going forward.
I really hope this big list of easy ways to save money helps you to take action to cut spending and build your financial confidence.
50 Easy Ways To Save Money
Our aim with this list is to cancel or downgrade a service and stop a money leak every day. Taking action daily then becomes a habit and the wonderful thing about habits is the more we do them, the easier they become. So don’t worry about which order you tackle these money savers, just scan the list, find one and do it.
Then move onto the next way to save money.
And then the next.
We will hit obstacles and complication but focusing on one financial leak at a time will make it much easier to solve them.
So let’s start saving money by cancelling or downgrading a whole load of these one day at a time …
- Cellphone data usage
- Cable TV
- Amazon Prime
- Gaming apps
- Brain training apps
- Hair colourist – embrace your natural grey or go for super low maintenance highlights
- Cell phone contract
- Beauty subscription boxes
- Magazine subscriptions
- Product protection
- Shopping clubs
- Anti-virus – very easy to end up with two or three unused
- K Cup coffee subscriptions
- Vegetable boxes
- Premier banking
- Holiday bookings – cancel as early as possible rather than putting off the decision to save as much money as possible
- Theatre tickets – sell them on well in advance
- Sports tickets – likewise
- Manicures – don’t go for anything you can’t do yourself
- Broadband – could you share with a neighbour you trust?
- Travel insurance – again make sure you haven’t got multiple cover and if there’s no way you’re going to be travelling this year cancel it
- Personal trainer
- Dog walkers
- Meal plan & recipe boxes
- Music lessons
- Gym membership
- Zoom – if you’re paying for it downgrade to the free service
- Shopping clubs
- Spotify & music services – again downgrade to free ones
- Landline – do you really need it any longer
- Dance lessons
- Wine club
- Ancestry sites
- Baby classes
- Cinema membership
- Gaming sites
- Newspaper subscriptions
- Software – e.g. Office, graphics software
- Weather apps
- Craft box subscriptions
- Car wash & valeting
- Diet clubs
- Golf clubs
- Extended warranties
- Gambling apps
- Tennis club
- Flower subscriptions
Every day we take action and cut a service we don’t use or don’t need or just can’t afford we stop one of those leaks, simplify our finances and give ourselves the confidence to build a budget for a life we can actually afford and enjoy.
I really hope this list of easy ways to save money helps you take those quick actions that can make such a difference to our lives. Do let me know how you get on.
And for more help follow me on Pinterest & check out these other simple frugal living posts:
- 101 Things To Stop Buying
- 75 Christmas Budget Tips
- 7 Big Ways To Save Money Fast
- 30 Products That Save Money
- 5 Ways To Save On Baby Stuff